5 additional points for completion of a PhD or Masters by Research in Australia will be available from 10 September.
Item 6D7A1 provides an extra 5 points for applicant’s who have met the requirement of a specialist educational award.
- The following fields of education qualifications are proposed to be accepted under this new measure and are defined by the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS):
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Natural and Physical Sciences
- Other Natural and Physical Sciences
- Physics and Astronomy
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Other Information Technology
- Aerospace Engineering and Technology
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Technology
This Instrument commences on 10 September 2016.