CHANGES TO TRADE SKILLS ASSESSMENTS
Trades Recognition Australia (TRA) has announced changes to the Trade Skills Assessment programs for TSS, OSAP and TRS. The following changes apply to all applications received from 1st March 2019.
1. Changes to the employment and training requirements for Pathway 1 assessments
The amount of verifiable employment evidence a Pathway 1 applicant must submit for their nominated occupation has been changed as follows:
• Licensed trade with no formal training – six years work experience
• Licensed trade with formal training – four years work experience
• Non-licensed trade with no formal training – five years work experience
• Non-licensed trade with formal training – three years work experience.
*TRA has defined ‘formal training’ as training that aligns with the national training standards in the applicant’s country of training.