Partners or fiancés of Australian citizens and permanent residents can apply onshore or offshore for temporary or permanent visas to enter Australia.

Partner visas or spouse visas are for those who are married legally in Australia or overseas (whether they are of the opposite sex or same sex), or in de facto relationships with Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents, to enter and remain permanently in Australia.


Partners who meet the requirement are granted a temporary visa. Later, after two years of remaining in the relationship on a temporary visa, a permanent visa would be granted. If there is a long-standing relationship for a minimum of two years, or if the couple has children, the partner may be eligible for a permanent visa.

There are two different partner category visas: the prospective marriage visa and the partner visa. Which visa you should apply for depends on the type of relationship you are in.

For any assistance on divorce matters in India, we have Indian Immigration Lawyer working for us at our Indian office, who can give assistance at no cost to you.

How It Works

Initial Consultation

Phone OR In person for eligibility

Tailored Advice

We give you advice tailored to your needs

Lodge Visa Application

Preparation for Filing and Lodgement

Desired Outcome

VISA Grant