Work in a highly specialised job the work or activity must be non-ongoing
Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) Visa 400
This visa is for people who want to travel to Australia to:
do short-term, highly specialised, non-ongoing work
in limited circumstances, participate in an activity or work relating to Australia’s interests.
Generally the stay period allowed is up to three months but up to six months may be considered in limited circumstances if supported by a strong business case.
Do you want to build a career and life in Australia? We are certified Melbourne Visa Agents who helped thousands of individuals and families settle in Australia.
Australia is a great place to finding work, moving abroad can dramatically improve not just the migrant’s life but also that of their family and parents. With our comprehensive overseas career solutions, we are the right choice for professionals seeking to work in Australia.
- To be invited, or supported, by the organisation you will be working for
- Have specialist skills, knowledge or experience that is needed but cannot be found in Australia
400 Visa allows you
- Stay in Australia while your visa is valid (generally up to three months, but up to six months may be allowed in limited circumstances)
- Do short-term, highly specialised, non-ongoing work for which you were granted the visa
- In limited circumstances, participate in an activity or work relating to Australia’s interests
- Bring members of your family with you to Australia, if they meet the requirements for including family members in your application. Your family members will not be allowed to work in Australia.
- Combining a holiday with your intended work or activity may be allowed if the holiday is of short term duration and secondary to the main purpose of your visit.